Thursday, January 10, 2008

Meeting Cin's Mom

Arrived in Pacific Place at 8.55am. It was then I realized that I was an hour early. Kidzania operates at 10am during public holidays. Still, I had to register first and the queue was already long. Sent the kids up to Kidzania and since Blitz Megaplex is still close, I went down looking for a place where I can sit down for a cup of coffee. Finally, decide to have breakfast in Pure Restaurant. They serve only organic food. I ordered Croissant Sandwich with Scrambled Egg.

Photobucket

It tastes like any normal croissant sandwich except that they really should change their chilli sauce coz it tastes so bland. I have to eat the croissant with my coffee in order to make it acceptable for my tummy to take in.

I guess what I actually did today is called 'restaurant hopping' LOL The next place I sat wasn't in a restaurant but close enough. It's the cafe of Blitz Megaplex. I ordered french fries and hot lemon tea. Sat there for hours till it was time to meet up Wiwin and Cin. Service sux there. Took them 15 mins to get my bill and it wasn't even that crowded.

We decided to eat in Crystal Jade and we were on waiting list. Luckily, we didn't have to wait that long. I like seeing Cin n his mom together. They are so affectionate. And Cin's mom..... hmmm how should I put it? When I look at her, it was like seeing my mom. The way she talks and the way she thinks.... I can't help noticing the resemblance there. And Cin's mom is such a warm person. I don't find any difficulty in communicating with her at all. Wiwin is one lucky girl. She has a really great future MIL there ;) I asked Cin to take a pic of us before we separated.

Photobucket

She looks really down-to-earth, don't u think? It was my pleasure meeting her ^.^ And Wiwin.... how come everytime I see her she gets prettier and prettier. It's just not fair!!! Hihihi.... Wiwin, remember her advice? *wink* *wink* Hihihihi....

Waited for the kids outside Y&Y Restaurant. We then dropped Damien in Plaza Indonesia. But first, we sat down in Excelso Cafe. Kids ordered the usual while I tried the new appetizer. I didn't remember the English name of it but it's called Tape Goreng in Indonesian. I love it but since no one helps me and I'm forced to eat the whole plate by myself, it gets kinda revolting hehehe...

Photobucket

Reached home at 5pm. Wiwin gave me this birthday present from Marks & Spencer.

Photobucket

My favorite smell in the whole wide world : Lavender!!! Photobucket How did she know it's my fav? I must have voiced it out aloud in my blog last time. Thanks so much, Win.... Love it, love it, love it Photobucket

About the Bak Kut Teh, well, it was a complete success!

Photobucket

I know the pic doesn't look appealing but it is delicious! Thanks to that Bak Kut Teh spice we bought in Carnation Kopi Tiam back in Penang. Of course out of the 3 times I made, this is the one closest to the original one. Probably it's because I've seen what they actually put in the soup and put it into practice. So, it doesn't mean as long as u got the spice, it's a no-fail kinda cooking.

No comments: