Saturday, January 5, 2008

The GoLdeN CompaSs

Turned out my dad couldn't make it to lunch today so it was just the 4 of us having lunch in Pepper Lunch today. Kids asked Sam if we could watch in Premiere and to my surprise, he said 'yes'. We bought the 12.45pm tickets. Standard Chartered is having a promo so it's buy one, get one free for the Premiere tickets. What a great bargain, isn't it? Rp 200K for 4 people. Sam said if the promo goes on, we'll watch in Premiere everytime hahaha...

Photobucket

If u love "The Chronicles of Narnia", you are definitely going to love "The Golden Compass". I think it's a great movie but I kinda get upset when I searched for news about the pre-production of a sequel to that and found none. The ending was kinda hanging the viewers in mid-air. Seems like the leading actress still has a long way to go before the story ends. Maybe I'm missing something....maybe that's how the story supposed to end =.=

When we finished watching the movie, I went to The Time Place to get my watch strap shorten and now it fits just nicely. Went to Kinokuniya where the kids bought books. Told them that they can buy only 1 book actually but they asked me if I can pay for one and they pay for another one so each one gets 2 books. I said 'okay' and said, "I'm only going to pay for the cheaper one, whichever it is." A few eyes stared at me. They probably pity my kids for having such a cheapskate mommy LOL... Went to Next later on where they bought some blouses. I got nothing today except some bread from Crystal Jade. It's funny how a shopaholic like me kinda lose interest to shop these days. Maybe as u aged, it kinda died down too....or maybe it's just a phase I'm going thru. Still, it's one of my New Year resolutions, right? To cut down on shopping. So I'm doing a pretty good job at it but hey, it's way too early to tell. It's not even past January yet. I still have a long journey.

Looks like I'm not going to the wedding after all tomorrow. Afen called me up to tell me it's my dad's birthday tomorrow. Before any of u accuses me of being an unfilial daughter, it's his birthday in CHINESE calendar. I never keep track of that. So, my plans to celebrate with Sam's family has to be postponed to later that day and spent the afternoon at my dad's.

I just found out last night that we can change the DS themes. I found some really nice ones but this morning, the themes won't work on Casey's DS so she exchanged hers with mine. I was pretty upset actually coz I don't really like the blue one Casey has. It just doesn't match with the pink casing I bought yesterday. Then later this evening I tried and tried and in the end it works. Hooray!!! Now I have my DS back and have downloaded 12 themes to put into my DS.

Time to watch some DVDs.

No comments: