Monday, January 7, 2008

PasteL TutuP Super YummY

Didn't go to church yesterday coz we had no driver to take us there and Sam couldn't wake up in time. Left home at 10.30am to my dad's place. Kids wish him a 'Happy Birthday' and we waited while Afen went out to buy lunch for us. I'll be dropping over at my dad's in a couple of days to give him the birthday present. Just not sure what to buy coz he always complains if I buy something too expensive for him...well, he ALWAYS complains when I buy him anything Photobucket

We left there around 12.30pm. Went to Susan's house where everyone was already there waiting for us. We normally celebrate birthdays together...I mean all those whose birthdays fall on December. We didn't get to celebrate it on the 30th like the year before coz Susan was still in Bali then. Anyway, my MIL ordered "tumpeng" again from Hendrawan. I guess it's the best. We stayed there till 5pm before we went to Ranch Market to buy groceries and then back home.

This morning, I left home at 10am as I have to bring Cecil to see a dermatologist recommended by Selvy, Sam's cousin. It was a pretty long ride there as it was situated in Pangeran Jayakarta. Dr Budi told me that Cecil should stop eating prawns for the time being. That might be the cause of the rashes she's been frequently having. Come to think of it, it might be true as Cecil only starts to eat prawns recently. She's really so into them and can finish a plate of it all by herself. So, doctor's order was to her like being struck by a lightning on a hot sunny day. She kept saying "Geez...I wish u never talk to auntie Selvy yesterday." or "Oh man, why did auntie Selvy have to tell u about the doctor?" Grumbling that throughout the journey from Pangeran Jayakarta to Kebon Sirih. Very irritating, right? If it wasn't for my DS which keeps me accompanied, I would have stuffed her mouth with anything I can find.

We fetched Casey from Sam's office and then we went to Senayan City. Had lunch in Angus House. Kids order minute steak set menu which comes with these:

Photobucket
The Appetizer

Photobucket
The Salad

Photobucket
The Dessert

Trust me, they are only pretty to look at but not that nice to taste. The salad is okay coz they have these grated cheese on top of it. The creme brulee in the dessert is yummy too.

As for me, I ordered Grilled Lamb Chops :

Photobucket

It's okay....not the best one I ever had....just okay.

When we finished, I had to look around for a CDMA phone. I've been having problems with my Motorola phone for quite sometime and Sam told me to change it. Can't find anything I like there so ended up with nothing. When we were down at the 1st Floor, saw that Bebe is on sale. Went in but found nothing I like on sale. In the end bought this bling bling blouse. It looks so much better when not in the pic.

Photobucket

Went to Promod and Miss Selfridge coz they are on sale too but also nothing to my liking.

On my way to Puri Mal, I dropped by Alfa and that's where I finally got my new CDMA phone. It's not Nokia, not Motorola, or any of those famous brands. I bought Nexian this time. Who really cares what brand it is...it's PINK, that's all I care about! And it's not shocking pink but baby pink. Really sweet looking. Very thin (half the thickness of my K850 and N82) and a bit shorter than my K850. The display in colors too! I mean for that price with that color, it's worth it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I only stayed awhile in Puri Mall. Just to buy rainbow sherbet ice cream from Baskin Robbins. Straight away went to Irene's house after that. Last night, Irene offered me if I want to buy Pastel Tutup made by her mom and I ordered 2 small ones from her. I wanted to give to my MIL the other one actually but Cecil reminded me to give Fenny something in return coz she kept sending food to us so I gave Fenny one. When I came home, I quickly tried the food and it's simply the best Pastel Tutup I ever eaten. Cross my heart!!! They are just soooooooooooooooo delicious!!! I ordered 2 more (bigger ones this time) for Wednesday. Gonna fatten myself up before joining FF. Hehehe....

Photobucket
YUMMY!!!

One more good news, I got a Rp 200K voucher from Metro when I came home. They probably sent the vouchers to whoever owns Metro Yours cards and claimed us all as their loyal customers. They sent mine really late and it's supposed to be a special gift to end 2007. Maybe I should make a complaint and hopefully I get another Rp 200K voucher hihihi...

Photobucket

No comments: