Thursday, March 27, 2008

HaruM ManiS

The girls & I went with Sam to his office today to drop him off. Then we headed for Menara Kebon Sirih, which is situated very near to Sam's office. Dropped the pork sausages for Cn but she was in a meeting so I passed it to the receptionist. She kept eyeing at me suspiciously...maybe wondering if it was bomb in that crumpled white plastic bag I handed over to her.

It was 11.30pm when I got out of MKB and asked my driver to head for Pavilion Apartment which is situated in JL K.H. Mas Mansyur. I was browsing the net yesterday and came across this restaurant so I decided to go with the girls to check it out.

Photobucket

Harum Manis is just one of the restaurants they have in that building. When we first entered, there's this small reception desk on the front :

Photobucket

And to the left is the waiting area with creamy colored, exquisite sofas:

Photobucket

We were ushered to our table. The decoration was really nice. The atmosphere is great. Pretty romantic too if u are planning to have a romantic meal with your loved ones. Kids were sitting on the sofa while I was facing this huge mirror with carving of a golden tree (or at least I think it is hehehe) :

Photobucket

We were given the menu and one waitress came over to us and handed us the complimentary appetizer:

Photobucket
Steamed peanuts! How original

Ordered the food and then I started to take some pics of the restaurant:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then after about 10-15 mins passed, our order came:

Photobucket
Jus Alpukat

Photobucket
Es Teh Sari Kelapa

Photobucket
Udang Bakar

Photobucket
Ayam Selimut Lengkuas

Photobucket
Tahu Telor Selamat Datang

When we finished eating, I asked for the menu again and ordered dessert. Took a couple more pics of the restaurant:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

If u are in a group, u can always opt for a more private area like the pics above. It looks better in real coz my pics are quite blurry since my hand kept shaking hehehe... I would have taken pic of the washroom too but it would be too 'norak'. The bathroom looks nice but what stands out is that it smells so exceptionally sweet when u enter it.

Our dessert came out not long after I got back to our seats:

Photobucket
Pisang Goreng

Photobucket
Es Podeng

The desserts don't stand out as much as the main course. It's pretty expensive I tell u. For a plate of Udang Bakar, u will have to fork out Rp 92K and it only consists of 3 pieces. Rice is slightly cheaper than in Shanghai Blue. It costs Rp 12K for 1 portion. Refrain yourself from ordering Es Teh Manis there coz it costs Rp 18K per glass. I have to fork out almost Rp 500K for all. Food is nice but I would say it's not that worth it. I'd choose Dapur Babah over Harum Manis anytime.

We went to TA as Casey has skating lesson and after she finished skating, we dropped Cecil at home before going to Hypermart.

Photobucket

This Hypermart is situated within walking distance to Cing2's apartment and it's only been open for a week. It's more or less like Carrefour but it sure seems more spacious. Heard that food is cheaper there than in Carrefour. I don't really know. Everytime I just take and pay hehehe...

Signing out now.... have to help Sam pack up.

No comments: