Saturday, March 29, 2008

2nd Trip To Dapur BabaH

I fell asleep and now I couldn't sleep anymore. Yesterday was one of those days where my energy was being wrung out of me. This is the time when I need God the most. Not that I'm having problems with Sam again. Sam n I are perfectly fine. It's regarding Ivan. I just hope God gives us the strength to go thru this moment. I believe He will. He has shown me His love in so many ways and I'm sure this is just one of those times, we are being tested on our beliefs in Him. If this must be the way Ivan has to go thru in order for him to truly understand that life isn't a bed of roses, then let this be a lesson he will learn well. And that he has to realize that in this world, compromising is a necessity in order to survive in the community.

We went to Pasadena late in the morning with my MIL and Susan. Casey took a really long time to decide which cake she wants. In the end, we still hadn't found one to her liking but Casey did give a rough idea so the lady is going to work on something, draw it out, and fax it to me as soon as possible.

By the time, we finished it was 12.40pm. Decided to have lunch in Dapur Babah again. This time we sat in a room, brighter than the one we were in last time but it's still pretty spooky. I managed to take some pics of the place this time:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I just realized u can sit in the back area as well where u are facing the sunlight. We would have chosen there in the 1st place if we knew. In the 2nd collage, see the 2nd pic from the top left? This pic is the clearer view of it:

Photobucket

Notice the smoky figure of a lady in white? Hehehe.... I use slow synchro to take the pic and while it was taking time to process, one of the waitresses walked passed. That was how the smoky figure appeared but this pic was enough to spook my girls LOL....

Anyway, these were mostly the stuffs we ordered plus Bubur Soemsoem and Biterbaletjes which I ordered before so I didn't bother to take anymore pics of those.

Photobucket

I stand by my opinion that it's indeed better than Shanghai Blue. Definitely going back for more. It cost only a little cheaper than The Cafe's buffet. Yes, the difference is a very thin margin n of course The Cafe would be so much more worth it to spend money on. Still, Dapur Babah's food always leave me wanting more. So far, none of the food I tasted was bad in my opinion. They are all so super yummy.

Headed home after that and I slept awhile in the car. After dropping my MIL at Blok H, Susan and us went to Puri market to look for Casey's thank-u gifts. Planning to go to Mangdu with Susan again on Monday when the kids are in school. It's been awhile since I bought my thank-you gifts from there coz I always find it troublesome to travel all the way there. Place is so freaking jammed during weekdays.

It's almost 2am.... Will try to find something else to watch to help me sleep. BTW, the ladies are coming over to my house today to bake something. I should have discussed it over YM yesterday with them but I was too busy to come online. Sorry =.=

No comments: