Wednesday, March 5, 2008

BakeD TeriyaKi ChickeN

I tried to make Creme Brulee like the one Liv made the other day except this is from a recipe I got online. It failed =.= I never taste it before coz it was always Cecil who ordered it so all I know is the appearance. The instruction said that the Creme Brulee should come out jiggly and they were jiggly when I took them out the oven....just that the inside were still rather runny. Need to get a hand-held torch too coz putting them under the broiler just don't make them look as good as the one u normally see in restaurant. I won't be posting the pic until I got it right. The kids love it even if it's runny but it's too sweet for my liking. Or maybe they say they like it in order not to hurt my feelings. They do that sometimes, u know. When a kid do that, it just melts any mother's heart, right?

BTW, Gina came over during lunch time and brought me some Opera Cake she made. It was so nice of her. She's not joking. It really does taste very, very yummy. I love the chocolate. Just the right amount of sweetness. The cake is gone by the time the kids come back. Thanks again, Gina ^.^ This is her Opera Cake:

Photobucket

So apart from my fail Creme Brulee, I also cooked dinner last night. Made some Baked Teriyaki Chicken & Baby Kailan Cah Sapi :

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Baked Teriyaki Chicken was a piece of cake. One irritating this is that u have to open the oven every 10 mins to brush the chicken with the sauce. Can't stand the smell of the cider vinegar but when the chicken thighs were finally cooked, they are really yummy. Sam gave 2 thumbs up for them hehehe... Kids also said they are great. Kailan was easy too except there are too many ingredients. Chinese food.... why can't they settle for simple stuffs to put in =.= Anyway, Sam loves it too so it's a keeper. It's just so difficult to think of different ways to cook the vegetables since it's a must in every meal for him.

While waiting for the chicken to bake, I made a drink I copied out from a recipe magazine I bought. It's called Passion Fruit Blue. I made that coz I have Pepsi Blue in my fridge and some passion fruit syrup.

Photobucket

Last night kids went back to sleeping in their own room. While accompanying them, I login YM from my cellphone. Fell asleep and when I woke up, was surprised I still left my agile messenger running and there were already messages from a number of people. Sorry guys, don't mean to ignore u all :P Kinda reminded me of my days back then when I was still active in mirc. Falling asleep in the middle of a chat was a regular thing I did hahaha....

The kids are using the new bedsheet I bought them the other day.

Photobucket

And this was the sight that greeted me this morning when I went in to wake the kids up:

Photobucket

Photobucket

It looks like we're having a pretty good weather today and when I came home after I sent the kids to school, can't help but feel the gardener we hired (even though he's an old man, not like the one in Desperate Housewives LOL) did a pretty good job. I see the flowers bloom so nicely.

Photobucket

Need to ask Liv to give him a few pointers though. I think Liv is not only an excellent mommy and wife but also a talented cook and gardener. She's like the Indo version of Martha Stewart hehehehe....

No comments: