Tuesday, March 25, 2008

BaLi SafaRi

21st Mar 2008

Had breakfast in Starz Diner inside HR Hotel.

Photobucket

It was an okay breakfast. There were other better buffets but it's still passable.

Photobucket

At around 11am, the driver from Monex Bali came to fetch us and drove us to Bali Safari & Marine Park which was situated in Jl. Bypass Prof. Dr. Ida Bagus Mantra. Yon was there the day before and she said it was good so we thought of bringing the kids to see what it was like. Had to call Yon and asked her where it was first since the driver said there were 2 safaris in Bali. While driving there, Sam had a talk with the driver. Apparently, this driver used to work in Hard Rock Cafe and a couple other hotels previously and he was a chef specializing in Mexican food. Sam said Tedja and him are interested to open a restaurant in Bali. He seemed really into this project so he asked this guy to look around for a place in around Legian or Kuta to start the business. Sam will probably be back in Bali next month. How I envy him huhuhu....

Arrived in the park at around 12pm. Took a tram to the whatever terminal. Forgot the name and had to take another tram where the actual safari began. A pic of Sam n me and a couple of Ria & Suli's look-alike *kabur*

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There weren't many pics I could take coz Sam was always in a hurry and there weren't that many beautiful sites (at least in my opinion). Of course u can take pics with the animals like what Yon did but the kids didn't want to do it. Bali Safari has this hotel called Mara River Safari Lodge.

Photobucket

They are beautiful coz they are situated inside the safari and u can wake up and look out of the window and u will see the zebras grazing around. They referred the place to "sitting down to a beautiful African sunset" How ironic. They also have this restaurant called Tsavo Lion Restaurant where u dine in this huge restaurant enclosed with large glass windows where u are facing the lions' habitat. It's really cool. Overall, it's much, much cleaner than Taman Safari in Cisarua and more worthy to go to. The animals look more well-fed too even though I still feel the lions were under-nourished but still, they look healthier. The downside was that the park is new so there isn't that much to see yet. We had our lunch in Uma Restaurant. It's filled with international food and I ordered Pad Thai from the Thai corner.

Photobucket

They also have Water park & Funzone. They sound great when u say it aloud but the area was pretty much a dissapointment in reality. It's very colorful though with small pools for the kids to soak themselves and get wet.

We left the place at around 3pm. Headed for the hotel and then went to HR store where Sam bought me and the kids a HR tee each. I forgot to take the pic. Will do so next time. Then the kids and I sat down in Starbucks while Sam went to look for sunglasses. Played around with my camera and I found this cool scene mode called "Color Assist" (yes I'm so suaku) where we can retain a certain color and turns the rest into monochrome.

Photobucket

Went back to hotel to put down the stuffs and at around 6 pm, we went to Pepper Lunch for dinner. Yeah, u read it right. All the way to Bali and we had Pepper Lunch =.= The good thing was the kids love the food so much and they always finished their food... I mean they left the plate spotless! And u can only see them do that when they eat in Pepper Lunch or Angus House. It was raining when we reached the place and even after we finished dinner. Sam had to go and buy umbrellas for us.

Sam was complaining that I'm not dressing up like I'm in Bali. U know what I mean? In Bali, people normally wear sexy clothes and there I was 2 days in a row mostly wearing tees with sleeves. Sam said I should be wearing bikini when we go swimming. I told him I didn't bring them and anyway, I'm so fat now so I don't feel comfortable wearing it. He insisted that I get one and he took us to this small shop, Too Hot Bikinis, opposite Starbucks. Kids got themselves each one a pair too and mine was chosen by Sam.

Photobucket

Went back to hotel and waited for NoniQ and Yon to come. They arrived at around 8.30pm. Yon gave me this:

Photobucket

While NoniQ helped me to buy what Cn asked for the other day:

Photobucket

She also helped me buy windchimes which Livy asked me to help her buy. I purposely said that I'm only helping my relative to buy it in case she didn't want to accept my money when I wanted to pay. True enough....NoniQ really didn't want me to pay her. =.= So Liv, if u are reading this, the windchimes is from NoniQ dearest hihihi.... We asked Sam to take a pic of us but he always took such blur pics and when he finally got it right, Yon's eyes were closed. I have to ask her permission first about putting her pic up coz I don't want her to make a voodoo doll out of me and prick needles at it just because I put it up without her consent hehehe... NoniQ looks as beautiful as ever. Ah well, since Yon was in the middle, I can't possibly just crop my face and NoniQ's so this is just to show u how NoniQ looks like when I saw her.

Photobucket

We went to Starz Diner to sit down and chat and Sam followed which leave us little to talk about. Couldn't update NoniQ much as they left the place at 10pm since kids were already sleepy. Wish I had more time to talk with them. It's been so nice to see NoniQ again.

To be continued....

No comments: