Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Carrot Cake That Doesn't LooK Like One

I must learn not to believe Livy when she said making something is a piece of cake. I must bear in mind that she's an excellent baker while I'm just an amateur LOL... I did try to make Carrot Cake today coz she made it sound really easy. The recipe is very easy to follow too but like I said, I'm not cut out for baking. Don't even know what's the hell wrong with the icing coz hers so white while mine was yellow =.= I wonder if different brand of cream cheese makes a difference. Still, the taste is excellent thanks to her recipe. The smell of cinnamon filled the whole house while I was baking and the kids refused to eat it when they saw me put in the grated carrot inside but after it's out from the oven, they insist on a bite and they love it. Just that my carrot cake doesn't look as inviting as hers =.=

Photobucket

Photobucket

Huhuhu....I'll ask her about it when I see her in YM. And when I know what I had done wrong and how to correct it, maybe I'll try it again....somewhere in the future hehehe... Her carrot cake doesn't call for chopped peanuts but I was shown by Therry yesterday one of the sites and the lady uses peanuts for the sides. It does add a nice taste to it. Anyway, thanks again Liv.... the carrot cake is gonna make me one fat lady :P

Received a good news from Sam just now. No, not about Bali. There's still no news on Bali. It seems our chance to go there is slimmer everyday. Sam asked me if I want to go to Singapore instead but I told him 'no'. I mean we are going there in June so I don't feel the need to go there at the moment. Plus, I'm saving up my money so Singapore is a no-no. About the good news, Sam booked Disney on Ice tickets for the 2nd May. Yipee.... Actually he wanted to buy the Saturday tickets but it's Rp 600K/pax on weekends and it's not like he's really excited about it. Also, the seats are mostly taken already. So he decided to buy just 3 on weekdays which is Rp 150K cheaper. Gonna mark 2nd May on my calendar. Interested to watch it? You can find out more about Disney on Ice Jakarta here.

Photobucket

No comments: