Sunday, February 3, 2008

FridaY TragedY

Sam's out to MU Cafe to watch soccer with his best friend so that leaves me free to blog but I'm just gonna update about Friday.

Yesterday I would say it's when one of my worst nightmares turned into reality. I never felt so worried, scared and helpless all at the same time. I guess if u have kids u have to fetch but it seemed almost impossible to do so, that will make anyone feel that way.

The morning I sent the kids off to school, I thought it was just a normal rainy day. I still went to PIK to pass something to Yon's friend who was supposed to go to Medan tomorrow. On my way home, even though it was still raining pretty heavily I went ahead to Muara Karang market to have my favorite breakfast.... Bihun Goreng Medan. Nothing beats eating hot Bihun Goreng Medan in a cold weather. It was already quite flooded there. I had to sacrifice my Guess flip flop coz the water level already cover the top of my foot (not leg). Well, I try to rationalize then. I thought, "Oh well, Muara Karang had been so accustomed to flood...I guess this is still normal." On my way home, I passed by Universitas Untar. That was when I started to worry. The water covered half of a tyre of a sedan. My driver tried to ease my troubled mind saying that it's a common sight in Untar during rainy season. So there I was again, thinking it's probably nothing. Everywhere the traffic was bad but my driver said there's an alternative route to Bina Bangsa so I didn't leave home till Sam called me up at 12pm. That was when my maid said, "Non, ga bisa keluar. Banjirnya uda kaya taon lalu. Di luar uda sedengkul dalemnya." I thought she must be kidding. I mean, geez....how can that possibly be. I looked out from my FIL's room and true enough, the sight shocked me. My maid said the water even went inside Alphard. My driver didn't dare to go thru it and all I can think of were my 2 poor kids. Called Sam up and asked him what I should do. Thank goodness Sam decided not to use his Harrier to work yesterday so he told us to use that to fetch the kids. My driver was reluctant at first but Sam said there's no other choice. We had to risk it. He told me to pack some clothes for the kids and me in case we couldn't make it back home. Took a couple of pajamas, 2-3 tops and hurriedly told the maid to put the luggage into the car and off we went.

It was really, really a moment full of suspense when the car tried to go thru the flood. I guess u can say it covered the whole tyre already and I was praying hard we could make it. I didn't care how....I just need to be with the kids at that moment. When the car finally managed to get out of Intercon, I was so much more relieved. It was then I worried if I could get to school in time. The roads were all jammed so bad. Took me almost 3 hours from the normal 30 mins trip. I was going crazy thinking about what if the kids get hungry and stuffs like that. Sam didn't make it any better coz he called me up every 15 mins or so asking if I had arrived or not. Luckily I had Casey's teacher's cellphone no so I asked her to lend Casey some money for her to take lunch in school. I reached Bina Bangsa at 2.45pm. Couldn't begin to describe how overjoyed I was seeing the 2 kids again.

Sam said he had booked a room in Grand Hyatt and told us to go straight there from school. The journey was pretty smooth and we reached Hyatt at about 3.15pm. Checked in and got us Room 820. It was our first time staying there. This was how the room looks like:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Kids were happy. Seemed like it was holiday to them. What's good about staying there was the fact that we could easily get the stuffs we forgot to bring at Plaza Indonesia. I was famished so I told the kids that I wanted to eat. We ate in Mi Item. Been wanting to try the food there for quite sometime now.

Photobucket

I forgot the exact name of it but it was recommended by the waiter and it was indeed delicious. U guys who haven't tried, should try it sometime. The noodle is made from squid's ink and meat so it's really yummy at the very first bite. They even have Mi Item Pink.... Yes, pink noodles but I'm not interested to try it coz it's made from beetroot. That is one of the blacklisted food in my list along with honey.

It was really cold in there so I had to get a jacket. Went to Esprit to get one. And since the kids were wearing school shoes, we went to Nike to get ourselves decent sandals each. Also bought 2 new flavour from Cupcakes : Banana & Strawberry.

Photobucket
Banana

Photobucket
Strawberry

Dropped the stuffs back in the room and went back to Plaza Indonesia again to the Food Hall. On our way, we saw Delon, the winner of the 1st Indonesian Idol. He looked so heavily make up and that really left a worse impression that he already had. I really don't dig him. When he was up against Joy Tobing back then, I really think he was nothing compared to Joy. Still, these days u can get away with anything as long as u have the looks. I don't think he's that handsome as everyone said he is too. Look at him yesterday! Eew... even Casey said he looked weird. Hahaha.... Apparently his place was flooded too or else he wouldn't have been there.

Got the toothbrushes and toothpaste from the supermarket and we went to Red Pepper (the food court) to have dinner. By the time we went back to the hotel it was almost 8pm. Our first time going out that late hahaha... Sam arrived at almost 9pm but he went next door for dinner. I was really out by 10pm.

Well, time to hit the bed. It's raining again, guys.... Hopefully, it won't last long. Beneran trauma kali ini.

No comments: