Wednesday, February 20, 2008

MakinG LasaGna

I love the season of Lent, that is 40-day period before the Easter. That is when we Catholics are required to fast and even though by right we are only supposed to do that on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday, Sam always does it every Wednesday and Friday within that period. I find myself lucky coz I only need to cook vegetables hehehe... So much for thinking hard what to cook for dinner.

Last night I decided to make lasagna. I don't know why but I always choose the wrong time to bake. I started at 7.45pm. Made the 1st 3 batches coz I need to put the kids to sleep. Then when they have, I went down to finish the other 3. Below are pics of my lasagna done step-by-step:

Photobucket
The meat put at the very base

Photobucket
Top it with the sauce (grated cheese, milk, etc)

Photobucket
Covered with the cooked lasagna noodles

Photobucket
Again, with the meat

Photobucket
Then the sauce again

Photobucket
Also the cooked lasagna noodles

Photobucket
2nd last step, coat with sauce again

Photobucket
Finally... the mozzarella

And the result is.....

Photobucket

Well, the above ones aren't finished yet coz I'm saving them for the kids tonight so I thought better not overbake it. This is the one Sam and I ate last night:

Photobucket

After one bite:

Photobucket

I think they are easier to make than cakes. You can never fail at making lasagna.... But normally I need to work up that mood before I decide to make it hahaha....

No comments: