Saturday, February 9, 2008

Chinese New Year

Been a couple of days since I updated my blog so this entry is going to be really long.

Wednesday was a crazy day even though not as crazy as Tuesday. After dropping the kids to school, I went to look for BCA. Went to 6 of them and all were offline. Crazy, right? I think I need to have an account elsewhere other than BCA.

I reached Jelambar earlier than the others and I only got out of the car as soon as Ivan arrived. The menu Afen cooked is the same every year. I wonder why she doesn't change them =.=

Photobucket

Photobucket

As u can see, ayam kecap is the family recipe hahahaha....

Stayed there till 10.45pm and the traffic was really bad. I was late in fetching the kids. Only arrived in BBS at 12pm. Luckily the kids were not grumpy since they still have friends to play with.

We left the house again at 3pm. When we were near Senayan, saw this bus carrying fanatic soccer supporters :

Photobucket

I really can't imagine what will happen if the bus really rolled over to one side. It's really scarier when u see it with your own eyes. It was tilting so much to the right that it gave me goosebumps just seeing it.

Went to this new dermatologist that my FIL recommend.

Photobucket

The place was at Jl. Sisingamangaraja (phew...I finally got the word correct.... find it really hard to remember hahaha) It was a private practice but it looks more like a dump to me. Seriously, the place needs major renovation. But you won't believe how much they charge u judging from the look of that place! We were only inside the office for 5 mins. Prof. Karnen just asked me some questions regarding Cecil and then proceed to look at her. After that he just said, "Okay, untuk tau alerginya terhadap apa aja, nanti anaknya ditempelin patch dan mesti ambil darah. Nanti Jumat balik lagi untuk tau hasilnya ya bu." I nodded my head but still sit down. Then the Prof. said I'm good to go. Was surprised coz it's the fastest check-up Cecil ever done. Anyway, we went to the next room to have the patch sticked on her back. Cecil cried when the nurse took some blood from her and Casey kept teasing her about it. Went to the cashier and I was told, "Buat hari ini totalnya Rp 1,4 jt ya bu. Nanti Jumat biayanya Rp 800K." I stared at her in disbelief. This is so far the most expensive doctor Cecil's been to =.=

The journey home wasn't a smooth one. We were stuck in Permata Hijau for like almost 2 hours =.= Only arrived home at 8pm. By that time, we were tired and dead sleepy.

07th Feb 2008
It's the Chinese New Year. Kids woke up early and straight away went to my FIL's room to collect the hong bao. Hahaha... Woke Sam up to get one from him too. They really got a lot from my FIL this year. Well, even Sam got hong bao but like me, his is in the form of time deposit too.

We left home at 10.30am to my dad's house. Many were there already. Emmy with her kids, Ayau & Cin2 with their families, Awan, Amin & Amei. The house was really rowdy. This pic below was taken with my nephew and nieces:

Photobucket

At 12pm, the food that Sam ordered from Dragon City came.

Photobucket

There were more actually but the food won't fit into the table hehehe... Sam ordered for 15 people. Luckily the portion was huge coz he didn't counted my cousins in. The restaurant charged the whole package the same price as reunion dinner meals. I think last year one was better but I didn't dare to complain coz Sam's the one paying for all :P

Not long after lunch, all my cousins went back. Followed by Afen. Before we were about to leave, my cousin, Phewen, came over with her family. She has a boy of 5 and a girl of 3. Was surprised when she said she's 5 months' pregnant now. It's been awhile since I last saw her. If u guys see her pics back to when she was still a teen, you wouldn't believe how much she changed. In our family, she used to be the prettiest one of all. Guys were all crazy over her and if there was a guy who was interested in me or another cousin, she would find it as a joke (kinda hurt my ego back then coz I was like the ugly duckling among the girls in the 'Lim' family hehehe). Anyway, she's twice my size now and dressed so old-fashioned. But who am I to judge.... she's having a great family and she seemed really comfortable with the way she is so I'm happy for her too. Wow...3 kids.... Talking about kids, I met her hubby in Ranch Market a month ago and he thought I was pregnant! When Phewen first saw me, she asked, "I thought u are pregnant?" I said, "Hell, no! What in the world gives u the idea??" She replied, "Well, Rudy met u sometime ago and he told me that you look like u were pregnant." YES!!!! That is such a blow to my self-confidence. I know I've gained weight but I didn't know I gained that much until I gave that kind of impression to others. *gloomy*

Anyway, from my dad's place, we dropped Sam in the office. Then went to fetch my MIL coz we were going to Puri Mall to have Cecil's glasses repaired. Met up with Ci Yan, Maria and her family there. We ate again in Bakmi GM. Sam came over about an hour later and David and Vivi also joined us.

While waiting for the driver, I took a pic of Casey sitting so sweetly in front of Cafe Oh La La.

Photobucket Photobucket

I have to continue yesterday event later this evening coz I have to go. Am late for Casey's dentist appointment.

No comments: