Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Nanny 911

This morning while I was queuing in BCA, there was this reality show on Metro TV called "Nanny 911" which caught my eyes. It was a blessing in disguise coz the queue was so long so at least I have something to keep me occupied. I was amazed at this woman who has 7 daughters and yet she has to take care of them all by herself. That is what I call supermom!!! When the nanny told her to go on a holiday and leave her kids to her hubby, it was an ordeal for him. The kids went berserk and I was thinking, "Are those monsters, or what???!!!" The kids were so used to having their mom waited on them so most of them were crying looking for their mommy and the daddy was also impatient so he yelled at them after awhile. It's really not a situation I wanted to be caught in. It became worse at night when the father was trying to put the girls to sleep. They were divided into 2 rooms. The younger ones who slept in the cots gave the hardest time. Daddy will put each one into the cot and the other will climb out while the daddy put the other one in. It probably took longer in reality to put the kids inside the cots than shown on TV. After a couple of days, all were okay though. Kids were more independent and listen better to instructions. I need Nanny 911!!!! But really, it makes u think where the mommy get all the energy to take care of all 7 kids especially when they were just a year apart. I suspect some are twins even. I didn't really pay attention to how the kids look like. More to how they behave. And it's funny when the daddy took the girls to shop. Each time he finished doing something he had to count his daughters and make sure they were all there hehehe....

Cecil was dismissed earlier today so I fetched Casey at around 1.30pm, around the same time Cecil came out of her class. I had to go to the library to look for her. We then had lunch in the school canteen coz it took so long for the school attendants to bring the bags down. Sent Casey to Wisma Relasi. Cecil and I waited at the cafe after I went upstairs to change Cecil's tuition time to Wednesday instead of Friday.

Had to go to Puri Mall to change Cecil's frame since Prof. Karnen said she's allergic to metal. She finally decided on a Kipling frame, which after discount, still cost around Rp 900K together with the lenses.

Came home and tried making the Mini Oreo Cupcakes. It's my 2nd try coz the 1st one failed. In the instruction, I was told to use the cake mixture but it was still wet after an hour of baking (and it's supposed to be ready in about 30mins from the instruction). So, I went to buy the Betty Crocker's muffin mixture instead yesterday and tried it again today. The taste was great but I kinda filled the cups too full that the mixture overflowed *nangis2* Gonna try it again tomorrow but overall, it should be good except I have to use the cream cheese I bought the 1st time instead of the new one. New one is too soft and it's just too watery which is not supposed to be that way. No, I'm not going to get the hang of it like Gina or Suli coz baking isn't for me honestly. I prefer to just order and eat the food instead of going thru all the trouble. Once in awhile though, I do like to try new things....especially if they are easy to follow ^.^

Photobucket

Watched this on DVD last night with Sam when the kids were already asleep. "Shooter" was a great movie. Mark Wahlberg was just so, so cool. I will always remember him from that CK underwear ad. I love most of his movies coz he's just cut out to play the leading actor in action movies. Don't u all think so too??? He's like Matt Damon in a way. I love them both in case u are wondering ;)

No comments: