Tuesday, February 12, 2008

BaD EngLish

Have you ever come across a person who blogs everything in English but his/her English is so bad that u can't help but feel the need to criticize everything he/she wrote? I know, I know. My English isn't the best. I won't even say mine is average coz I know there are mistakes here and there but it just annoys me reading terribly broken English when one can certainly writes better in Bahasa. I know for sure if I am to blog in Bahasa, it would be worse than my English so I'm sticking to it no matter what. Ah well, just a silly rant coz I read something that bothered me last night and it's not the content, no-no. It's how the author put the words together in the blogs that made me see stars ... and thanks to that, I had a minor headache trying to grasp what the author was trying to convey.

On Sunday, I decided not to go to my dad's place. I wanted to spend the day with just my family (meaning just Sam and the kids). But thanks to Cecil who had to be a smart-ass and asked my MIL to come along. Not that I don't like her to tag but.... u know what I mean. Well, Cecil didn't really invite her. She just told my MIL that we were going to Grand Indonesia and my MIL blurted out saying, "Mama ikut deh.". Yeah, yeah, it's not Cecil's fault but I just needed to blame her coz she was the one who mentioned it hahaha... Anyway, after coming back from the church, we waited for Sam to get ready. We then fetched my MIL before going to The Grill for lunch.

Finished lunch at about 3pm. Went to Grand Indonesia and it's confirmed now. None of us really like that mall. It's just too big and each shop is situated just too far from the next. It was my 1st time seeing a Chanel boutique in Indonesia though. Is it only located there or is there another one somewhere else? I really have no idea. Was wondering if I can get anything out of that store from Sam one of these days. Hehehe... Wishful thinking probably. Sam went to Banana Republic. Don't know what was he looking for coz I just waited outside as my feet were sore from the stupid shoes I wore =.= We then went to Gap Kids coz they were having sale up to 70%. Sam bought some jackets for the kids and a pair of pants each. We decided to go to Guess Kids coz I still have the Rp 700K voucher I have to use before 12th. Casey got a black denim dress and a tee while Cecil bought a shortall and a skirtall. Even after using the vouchers, Sam still needed to fork out another Rp 1,5 mill. Wonder if I can claim that from my FIL *giggles*

Sam wanted to check something online so we went to Gelato Bar again as per Cecil's request and waited for Sam there. I can't remember the exact names of the food so I'm just gonna show the pics:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

One thing for sure is that the food was well-presented. If you ever go there, refrain from ordering the drinks. I order the Mint Choco Latte before and this time I ordered the G* Bar Cookie Monster. They are ONLY pretty to look at. Can u believe they actually put black sesame ice cream in the chocolate drink? It's weird even though I love black sesame. As for the spaghetti, it's pretty good but kinda oily. I don't know about the desserts but the kids said they were delicious.

Yesterday I didn't do anything much. Just went to BCA to put the kids' money from the hongbaos. I remembered back when I was a kid or even a teen, I only got a total of probably Rp 800K - Rp 900K but I was overjoyed already. To me, that was a lot! Now compared to what my kids received, mine was nothing. What I got at that time wasn't even 10% of what they got. My kids are so lucky. Have to keep drilling that fact into their brains. Since my mom passed away, CNY seemed so plain these days. It used to be so fun last time but maybe one of the reasons was because I was the one getting the hongbaos instead of being the one having to give away. Bah, who am I kidding.... All kids look forward to CNY. It will always be that way. Not that I don't love this holiday. I love it. I love the fact all families gather up to catch up on stuffs we missed. I love having to give out hongbaos and see those kids' faces beaming. I love the food. I love everything about CNY. Maybe I just miss my mom. It's just not the same without her and I guess my dad and my bros feel it too. Over the years we have lost quite a few members so it's definitely different.

BTW, I haven't mentioned that some of my fish died due to the power failure during the flood that happened a couple of weeks ago. And that included ikan tweety and sapi2 (the ones I posted in here last month). Kids were sad over the loss. Me too actually. My FIL has ordered the guy to bring some more when he comes over.

Last but not least, this is a pic of Casey yesterday. She was required to wear a cheongsam to her Chinese tuition.

Photobucket

No comments: