Saturday, February 9, 2008

Dapur BabaH & Kafe Betawi

I was already home since 3pm just now but I was busy transporting contacts from my old FS to my new one just because I feel that the old was already overcrowded. In case I have missed out sending message to any of u, please just add me at sweettiramisu@gmail.com, ok? Yet whether or not I will approve, that depends coz my new FS is strictly for people I want to keep hearing from and not someone who just come and go or people I have decided I'm better off without or vice versa. I know this sound really snobbish coming from me but well, I don't find making new friend as exciting as it used to be and I would just like to keep the friends I have and leave new friends to real life. Unless of course if I happened to bump into someone's blog I enjoyed reading like Therry, Syl and Cn's cases hehehe....

Yesterday, me and the kids left home at 1pm for Dapur Babah in Jalan Veteran. Never been there but as usual, I see the rating is 8 from the book so I decided to try it out. The place looked small from the outside. And as I was about to get out of the car, I realized I forgot to bring my purse! How careless =.= I asked my driver to go back home and get it while the kids and I continued going inside to the restaurant.

Inside Dapur Babah, it was divided into 2 sections. The darkly lit section where there are sofas and antiques but gives out a really creepy feeling and the other section is like in a normal restaurant with lights and usual dining tables. I decided to eat at the sofas seeing that it looks quite romantic from the door. Let me tell u, it really gives me the goosebumps. It was so, so dark and there were so many antiques here and there with old wooden door and stuffs. Kids were squealing silently especially when they put out that music where u normally hear people chant in the temple. Time and time again I have a sudden urge to look around to make sure there was nothing staring at me in the dark. To show u how dark the place is, I took this pic of Casey without the flash on but with the help of a small candle they put out in each table.

Photobucket

The food was delicious. I would love to go there again next time but sitting in a different section hehehe... Kids love the food too even though I think it's considered pretty expensive. These were what we ordered:

Photobucket
Maccaroni Schottel

Photobucket
Biterbaletjes

Photobucket
Biefstuk Van Kip Oen

Photobucket
Cwiemie Malang

Photobucket
Es Tjampoer Babah

Photobucket
Boeboer Soemsoem

Photobucket
Pisang Rebus Enten Enten

Luckily my driver arrived just as we finished the food or I would have to pay cash hehehe.... It cost almost Rp 380K for all that plus 2 coke and 1 fruit punch. This is another of Casey's pic posing in the dark section. She was pretty scared at first hehehe...

Photobucket

I wanted to bring the kids to Sam's office actually yesterday to surprise him but he was having a meeting outside so I decided to go straight to Prof. Karnen.

Arrived at the place around 3.45pm and we got no 3. The nurse first asked Cecil to take off the patch and then did another test where she poked small needles in her right hand 26 times. This was how her hand looks like after 15 mins:

Photobucket

When I went inside Prof. Karnen's office, I was told that she's allergic to dust mites, fake jewelleries, metals, cosmetics, and cat. The most obvious one was of course dust mites. Sam and I had tested that when we took her to Thomson Medical Center in Singapore when she was 3 years old and was already told by Dr Ang about that. The others were new such as the fake jewelleries and stuffs. We were then ushered to another room to learn more about dust mites and what kind of prevention we need to take. The clinic actually sold special pillow and bolster case for anti dust mites and it costs Rp 175K each. They also sell the bedsheet but I thought I should just try those first. With the medicine and both the pillow and bolster cases, the bill added up to another Rp 1,3K and we were told to come back again after a week. Imagine how rich the Prof. is!!!! I want my kids to grow up to be doctors. I find that dermatologist and dentist do fetch quite an awful loads of money. That way they may not need me to leave any money for them in my will since they will be earning plenty.

The trip home this time wasn't too long. In fact Thamrin was really quiet when we passed thru it. It seemed like everyone was away on holiday. We reached Susan's house at about 7.30pm. The food was already put out on the table. Susan bought from Restoran Singapore in Pluit.

Photobucket

To tell the truth, the food taste better than the one in Dragon City. And it probably costs only 1/6 of what Sam forked out the day before. We all especially love the Udang Mayonnaise. It's the best I've ever tasted.

As for today, we left home at 11am. Went to Dr Noto. As usual, Casey just loves going to the dentist. She had another tooth pulled out today and guess what, for that I had to pay Rp 500K! For 1 measly tooth.....aaarggghhhhhhhhh.....

We then decided to go to Grand Indonesia. We wanted to eat in Pizza Marzano initially but they don't have macaroni schotel so Casey changed her mind. In the end we ate in Kafe Betawi. It's my 1st time eating there. This was what we ordered:

Photobucket

The food was pretty okay. The fried rice was bland though. Otherwise, the rest that we ordered were great. And it's expensive! Masa ketoprak Rp 17K padahal di pasar biasa gua beli cuman Rp 7K. And it's not like the restaurant has a nice ambience. It's pretty plain so I think it's too pricey =.=

Went to Kinokuniya afterwards and before we went home, went to Gelato Bar where Cecil ordered ice cream and I tried the black sesame ice cream and ordered Chocolate Mint Latte.

Photobucket

Doesn't taste as good as it looks though. Once again, been fooled by the pic =.=

No comments: