Saturday, February 16, 2008

TesaTe ServinG LocaL DisheS

It was a great day today. First of all, Sam came home last night to tell me Bali is still on. But the initial plan of family getaway is now wishful thinking =.= Monex's staffs get to go on outing once a year and normally it's during the Easter coz that's the time when they have holidays. They do have holidays during the Christmas too but of course most of the staffs already have plans to spend time with their families. Kids have long break around that month, right? I'm not really complaining but I bet the kids would since they will have to share Sam with his staffs. It's no big deal actually. Just have to wait till Monday to confirm where we'll be staying. Sam said it might not be in Kuta.

We left home at 11.20am heading for Grand Hyatt. Sam was in Plaza Indonesia when we reached there so we went to Grand Cafe straight away and waited for him there. These were my lunch today:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Normally I would have eaten more but I guess my lack of appetite was due to the fact I finally realized I'm nowhere getting slimmer =.= There was this dress I wanted to wear today and I have trouble getting into it. So sad Photobucket I really have to shed these extra kgs or very soon I might have to throw away all my jeans and buy new ones in order to fit my present figure.

When we finished, accompanied Sam to Plaza Indonesia awhile to collect the jacket he bought from John Fashion. I never heard of the name before but they charge one stupid jacket for Rp 9 mill! Crazy.... For that kind of money, I could get a CD handbag.

Sam had to go to the warehouse to meet up with Tedja so I brought the girls to Plaza Senayan. Wanted to meet up with Cing2, Ria & Wito in Plaza Indonesia at first coz I wanted to let them try Mi Item but I realized that kids would be too bored there so I asked them to meet me in PS instead.

While waiting for them to arrive, the girls and I went to Kinokuniya. I bought some fancy stickers to stick on my NDS and it's so cool hehehe... Just that I'm too lazy to transfer the pic from my phone to the PC at the moment. Maybe on Monday. About 15 mins later, Cing2 joined us. Was wandering around finding a place to eat and at last we decided to try this new restaurant called "Tesate".

Photobucket

It's situated just below the cinema and I've read a review on it in FHM last week. We all didn't know that it's a restaurant at first coz judging from the outside, we thought it's just a small shop to have desserts. When we finally stopped to look at the banner stand, we then realized that they do have food too. We still thought the 3 tables outside were the only ones they had until the waitress told us to go thru the side. We walked thru a small brightly lit hallway before we got to the entrance. We think it was pretty cool and cozy. The restaurant serves Indonesian food mostly. Since I was still full, I only ordered dessert. These were what Cing2, Ria & Wito had.

Photobucket
Lontong Opor

Photobucket

Photobucket
Sate Ayam Blora

Photobucket
Nasi Kuning Campur

Photobucket
Pisang Gulung

I would say it's pretty expensive for these kind of food which we can get much cheaper in 'warteg' hehehe but for the atmosphere and considering that the restaurant is situated in Plaza Senayan, I think it's pretty reasonable. I would definitely go there again. The Pisang Gulung is to die for.

I just found out today too that my Sony T70 digicam has some cool features: in-camera retouching. Geez... and I had it for a couple of months already by now =.= These pics below were taken in the small hallway.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The one with the partial color, is one of the features from Sony. There are more....

Photobucket
Radial Blur

Photobucket
Cross Filter

Photobucket
Fish-Eye Effect

And last but not least, a pic of yours truly with Sam in Grand Cafe hehehe.... This is retouched using Retro, and yes, retouch from the camera not by photoshop :

Photobucket

See how the glass shines so brightly? Maybe the next time I use that feature I must make sure I had all my diamond jeweleries on me *norak mode on* hihihi....

No comments: