Monday, June 30, 2008

MeetinG my Best FrienD, AmY

Friday, 27th May 2008
Had McDonald's for breakfast. I miss their big breakfast. McD has opened up in Jakarta for so long yet they never have breakfast menu. So sad.... Then off we went to Takashimaya to shop. Planning to shop a lot but turned out it was the kids who shop the most =.= We first went to the kids' section. Bought some clothes for my nieces and nephews. Saw some erasers too which I bought for Ria for her collection. We all spent a total of S$700 there. Crazy!! Kids' stuffs are so expensive these days and I'm just talking about the clothes here. Then we went to Kinokuniya. Kids wanted to look for books. I myself bought 2 books.... 1 for me and 1 for Suli.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had to go to Watsons when Sam came to join us since I need to buy some sanitary pads. I had my period at a very wrong time. Was planning to go to Wild Wild Wet actually but due to Cecil and me having our periods at the same time, the trip to WWW was cancelled. In Watson, I bought some Tiger Balm Neck & Shoulder Rub.

Photobucket

My MIL gave it to me when she came back from her last trip and I find that it really work wonders especially when you have muscle pain or when your shoulder aches. It's so much better than Counterpain. My MIL asked me to help her buy that so in the end I bought a couple more for my dad too. Someone told me before that Panadol is the latest trend for souvenirs but I think that's just too cheapskate hahaha... Moreover, Panadol doesn't work shit for me. I prefer Paracetamol.

Sam asked me to go straight to Sanur since we booked seats for 1pm. Sanur has been my all-time favorite Indonesian Restaurant there. I used to frequent that place when my mom came over to visit me in Singapore during my school years so that restaurant kinda left a really memorable place in my heart. Even though the one I used to go is in Centrepoint, nevertheless, the food still taste the same.

Photobucket

The Tahu Telor and Fried Baby Squids are my favorite dishes. They are the best.

When we finished our meal, we went back to the hotel to put down our stuffs. Then we took a cab to Raffles Avenue where we wanted to take the Singapore Flyer. I planned to take it during the sunset but we were way too early there and there are not many shops which we can go to so in the end we booked for a 3.30pm ride.

Photobucket

The place isn't crowded at all. I was expecting the place to be more alive but there weren't many people there. Just below the Singapore Flyer, there's a Yakult Rainforest. The Singapore Flyer didn't leave a deep impression on us. The Ferris Wheel that kids and I took in Dufan during our photo session was so much more fun. Maybe it will be different if we waited for the sunset to take the ride. Anyway, these were some of the pics taken while we were inside the Singapore Flyer:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The ride itself took 30 mins. Kids then went to Build-A-Bear Workshop. There used to be one in Kelapa Gading but I think it's been closed down already. It's a freaking waste of money. Children are so easily fooled. This is a pic of the shop.

Photobucket

After they each come out of the shop with a stuffed toy in their hands, next, Casey and Sam wanted to try the Fish Spa. Sam said we should all try it out and see how it feels so we went to Kenko Reflexology & Fish Spa just next to the Build-A-Bear Workshop. You can read more about the Fish Spa here. Casey here was being held by Sam coz she kept taking her feet out.

Photobucket

It was kinda ticklish but once you are used to the sensation, it was pretty okay. This the pic where the fish were having a feast:

Photobucket

It costs S$28/pax which I think it's alright if someone pays for you or else it's just bloody not worth it. Cecil said her feet felt smoother and asked if it had that effect on me. I told her, "Are you kidding me? Mama's feet are smooth by nature. They can't go any smoother than they already are." Yeah...call me ego maniac :P Sam also said he's not ever going to try it again.

By the time we were done, it was time to go to Anchorpoint to meet up with Amy and her family. We had set a date to have dinner in Disney Naturally. It was downright disappointing when I saw the restaurant. So, so small! We ordered 3-4 pizzas, 2 macaroni & cheese, 1 chicken pot pie, 1 beef pot pie and 4 kind of juices. That added up to a total of about S$130. Nuts, right? Almost the same as eating in Sanur. Anyway, here are some pics:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

That is little Nynke with Amy, BTW. Nynke is Amy's younger daughter. She's really, really cute. Doesn't resemble Amy or Wee Teck, Amy's hubby. Looks more like 'Ang Moh', isn't she? I got tons of Nynke's pics which I will upload to my Fotki album later on. Amy is so much thinner than the last time I saw her. As you can see, even I'm chubbier than her now LOL... That means what? Time to work out!!! The service in Disney Naturally sux as well. The waitresses were pretty unfriendly. I really don't recommend the restaurant to anyone. Of course if you just go for the atmosphere, then it's okay even though it's really crammed IMO. We were so damn fooled by the rave reviews we read elsewhere hahaha... Anyway, since Wee Teck didn't eat much in there, we finally shifted to TCC. I think it's like Starbucks except they serve food too. Kids ordered the dessert which was quite like the Molten Chocolate Cake I usually made.

Photobucket

They presented it way better than me though :P I ordered the Iced Minty Mocha which I deleted the pic by mistake :P It was quite good but the mall was really, really cold so it was pretty uncomfortable for me. Sam even went to buy 2 sweaters for the kids. By 9pm, we decided to go back to hotel. It was a short meeting and felt kinda sad having so little time with Amy and her family.

Waiting for a cab there was a torture. We were all so tired and ready to hit the bed but we couldn't find a single cab. It was after half an hour that we finally got one. By the time we reached the hotel, I was ready to just drop dead hahaha... Amy, gave me an early bday present BTW. A G-Shock watch.

Photobucket

We all think it's beautiful. Sam thinks so too. Amy said she can't afford a Rolex for me... she would buy me a fake Rolex though if I want hahaha... I told her that it's clearly stated in my blog, even if I can't afford, I won't use fake stuffs. That's just my motto. Hehehe... I lurveee the watch, Amy. It's really beautiful. Thanks again for the early bday present.

Gotta write the last 2 days of my trip tomorrow or maybe on Wednesday. Might not be able to blog tomorrow since I'm bringing the kids to Waterbom again. My schedule is so packed for the holidays. Need to spend good quality time with the kids during these last couple of days. Once school starts, they will be busy with tuitions and other stuffs. No time for dear mommy anymore ^.^

Received a piece of good news from Irene just now which I must just share. Ivan's visa is approved so he'll be leaving for States in Thursday or Friday. I'm so, so happy for them. And it's not just 6 months' visa...it's for 5 years. Woahooaa.... Good for him since he'll be going there for 2 more times and Irene will be going to his place in November. LD doesn't feel like LD that way, isn't it? Seeing them so happy makes me happy as well. I kept asking Ivan about it for way too many times. I think I'm more nervous than him hahaha... Now that the good news is finally out, I can't help but feel relieved. I mean after all his plans to spend Irene's bday with her, it will be just too sad if it doesn't come true. He's such a romantic at heart. Hope they have much more romantic and memorable memories from this trip and many more trips to come *wink* *wink*

No comments: