Saturday, June 21, 2008

The IncrediBLe HuLk

So it was another pretty good weekend. Yesterday I spent almost the whole day at home and only left the house at 5pm. We were due in Sam's cousin's house for a wedding reception at 7pm but since it's in Tebet, my MIL suggested us leaving earlier fearing the heavy traffic around that area after office hours will make us late.

We stopped by to fill in the petrol and bought some light snacks in case the kids got hungry before we arrived. We reached there just a little over 7pm (we stopped for quite awhile since Casey ordered fried rice). I'm not sure it's the house that's too small or it's because they invited too many people but it was so damn packed last night. We all have to squeezed in. I was sitting near the buffet table but luckily they didn't open up until the mass was over. I want to do a collage for the food but it won't do so much justice to them coz you really should see them in full view to drool over them like I did hehehe...

Photobucket
Sate Ayam

Photobucket
Ayam Kodok

Photobucket
Pangsit, Sosis & Ngo Hiong Goreng

Photobucket
Meat Balls in Coconut Gravy

Photobucket
Sauteed Brocolli

Photobucket
Pastel Tutup

Photobucket
Gado2

Photobucket
Coke, Miranda & water

The food was all delicious but what was the most unforgettable was the Ayam Kodak. The taste was so amazing that when I took the first bite, I felt like I could cry due to joy. The others are yummy but nothing too stand out. Irene's mom pastel tutup taste better for sure. We left the place at 9pm and reached home at a little over 10pm. I couldn't find someone to take a pic of me while I was there coz kids were busy eating too. Finally was able to ask Casey to take one while I was in the car.

Photobucket

Was wearing the white blouse from Zara which I bought not long ago.

Today, I had a lunch date with Therry and Cn. Too bad Syl couldn't join us. We ate in Pepper Lunch and later had to move to Excelso since I kinda had the feeling that the waiter in Pepper Lunch couldn't wait for us to get our butt off the chairs and got out of there.

It was pretty spooky when Cn told us the story about her in Pisa Kafe not long ago. I even had goosebumps when she went into details. We ended up talking about ghost stories hahaha... Asked Casey to help us take pics:

Photobucket
In Excelso Cafe

Photobucket
Outside Lovely Lace

Kids and I continued to EX at around 3.15pm. Stopped by at T Lab to get personalized tees (for me and the kids). Since it took quite awhile for the tees to be ready, we went to watch movie first.

Photobucket

Yon said "The Incredible Hulk" is a let-down while Suli said it's really good. My opinion is somewhat in between. I think it's pretty good although it's not as good as "Ironman" I guess that's because I always have a soft spot for Edward Norton. He's one of my favorite actors. I think he was really good in "Painted Veil". That movie was just sooo romantic. In this movie, I like the part where he finally met up with Liv Tyler again. It seemed so touching. You know, those romance movies, where couples pause to look at each other in the rain and then they run towards each other to hug. Maybe someday I'll re-enact that part with Sam hahaha....maybe. After all, Sam is still able to run towards me at his age. I don't know if 20 years from now he'll still be able to do that or not :P I just can't imagine Sam in his late 50's running in the rain. More like dragging his feet probably hahaha....

The movie ended at almost 6pm. Went back to T Lab to get the tees and decided we better have dinner before heading home. After a lot of consideration, we finally decided to eat in Bakerzin.

Photobucket

Not too keen on their pastas. Rasanya kurang menggigit. Menurut gua masih enakan Miitem. Should go and eat there again one of these days.

We reached home at 7.30pm. Got the tees out to see how they turn out. Remember, there was a time when I was vain enough to put the words up as one of my favorite quotes? Well, today I took a step further and have the words printed on a tee. I'm SO going to wear it.

Photobucket

They are out of letter 'A' but since I was persistent, I even agree when the guy suggested I use letter 'A" backwards. The kids' ones resemble the one Casey is trying on:

Photobucket

Cute, huh? Hehehe... Casey bought the red one while Cecil got a black one.

We also finally got our dining chairs back. A week ago they were taken away. The material finally worn out after being with us for 7 years. Some seats were torn while others have spots due to kids' carelessness in handling their drinks. This is a look at how the seat looked previously:

Photobucket

And this is how it looks like now:

Photobucket

So much prettier now, right?

Gotta sleep now. Have to be extra fit tomorrow night *wink*

No comments: