Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Gone Baby Gone

When u have missed out blogging a couple of days' entries, u tend to get lazy. Well, at least for me it's like that. Nothing interesting to share. On Sunday, went to my dad's house as usual. My dad bought the kids "Horton Hears a Who?" DVD so we watched it there. It's hilarious and somewhat like "Chicken Little" where no one believes what u say until it really happens. Around 4pm, we went to Plaza Senayan. Kids bought books in Kinokuniya again and we had dinner at Fleurie Restaurant where kids and Sam ordered steaks, while I chose pork chops. Sam ordered Wagyu Beef which I think is cheaper than Angus Steak House. For a plate of 250gr Wagyu Beef, it costs Rp 350K. I think in Angus it's about Rp 500K. I also ordered Escargot in Garlic & Butter.

Photobucket

They are simply delicious! Too bad the escargots are so tiny =.= Sam said he rather spend a little more eating in Sumire than in Fleurie hehehe... Anyway, this is the interior of the restaurant:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yesterday I stayed home playing games and chatting with the normal group of friends. Irene has finally made the list on Livy and boy they are hilarious hahaha... Liv has tagged Sandra and let's see who's Sandra is going to tag.

As for today, went for a massage in Menara Peninsula Hotel this morning. A new girl attended to me. Her name is Yuli and she was very good! I feel so relaxed after the massage. At noon, I went to TA looking for Wiwin's birthday present. I already bought something the other day but I just need to get something else on top of what I got her. Also bought Yon's birthday present in advance. Suli's birthday is earlier and yet I got something for Yon first. Oh well, Suli's birthday is in 3 more weeks so I got plenty of time to buy. Will be meeting up with Wiwin (dd pungut daku hihihi) on Thursday to eat in Plaza Indonesia and to give her the present.

When I was done, I went to eat in Kiyadon Sushi. Me ordered a small Tori Katsu Curry and ordered a glass of fruit punch.

Photobucket

Fetched Cecil at 3.30pm and went to the bookstore to pay for the kids' new books (for the next level). Yeah their exams aren't even starting yet and already we are told to order in advance. Crazy, right? The bookstore lady told me that they are not going to stock anymore books so if we don't order now, we have to buy ourselves outside. And worse still, it's not like it's easy to buy the books outside. They really leave us with no choice. I mean worst scenario.... if a child fails to go to the next level, then it will be wasting buying the books, correct? Stupid rules... damn....

I'm still not cooking these days. I cooked last night but just a simple meal. Today, I'm lazy again. I've asked my maid to cook for tonight.

BTW, I want to ask u guys for your opinion. It's based on a movie I watched the other day called "Gone Baby Gone".

Photobucket


This is a short sypnosis:

A 4-year-old girl is missing in a tough Boston neighborhood, and private investigators Patrick Kenzie and Angela Gennaro (Casey Affleck and Michelle Monaghan) are asked by family to assist in the case. Kenzie is a street-wise P.I. who utilizes his knowing locals from school to help in the investigation. But this is no easy case, and the there are drug thugs, money, and liars around who complicate their work.

It's a really, really good movie in my opinion. Basically, this 4-year-old girl has a mother who is a drug addict and sometimes even takes her to bar and all those sort of places where kids aren't supposed to go. It is a pathetic case. And turns out the girl is kidnapped by head of the police officer who has lost her daughter. He staged her death so he can keep the girl in order to give her a better future. It really has a nice twist and it's hard to predict the outcome for u have to follow the story in order to find out. Anyway, in the end Casey Affleck finds out the truth and he is forced to decide whether to report the head to the police or to just close an eye in order for the girl to have a better future. His girlfriend insists that he keeps mum about it since the little girl seems so much happier and who knows what will happen to her if she goes back to her mom. Casey on the other hand, feels like he won't be able to live with the fact that he takes her away from her mom if he doesn't report. In the end, he broke up with his girlfriend, reports the head and brings the girl back to her mom. And u would have thought he might be doing the right thing after all. Turns out when he goes to the girl's house one day, her mom is just leaving for a date without waiting for the babysitter to arrive. Leaving a 4-year-old kid alone at home! Can u just believe it?!! Sam n I argued about this thing too coz somehow this movie does make people think what u will do in a situation like this. For me, I think he should just leave the girl with the happier family. I mean, why let someone who doesn't care about her daughter take care? Sam thinks otherwise. He said, "Lu juga ga mau kan kalo anak lu diculik orang laen?" Of course I don't want.... but that's because I care for my kids. I will never bring them to places like that. I will see they get the best things I can offer.... Then he said again, "Semua ini uda diatur ma Tuhan... mana bisa kita tentuin gitu aja... semua kan uda diatur dari sana." I know he sounds right but I just can't see from his point of view hahaha... When I told Sam that Ria & Yon said that they feel the same as the girlfriend and probably he feels that way coz he's a guy, Sam asked again, "Do they have children?" So, I need an answer from women with kids (n I mean who really takes care of their children ) .... Livy... Amy.... What u ladies think?

Last but not least, this is a pic I found n I'm posting it n dedicating it for Therry dearest.

Photobucket

Drool Ther.... drool.... Hahahaha.....

No comments: