Monday, April 14, 2008

Casey's Party - Summarized

I have finished uploading the pics since noon but I was just too lazy to update my blog hehe... Anyway for a more close up pics of the birthday party, just go here

Early Saturday morning, Susan came over to get the money to pay for the thank-you gifts. Needed 2 cars to bring the gifts back to the house. They are really pretty but Ria and the others didn't quite get what I mean when I said it's a mini table for the kids. So, I took a pic of one to show u all how the table looks like when I unfold it.

Photobucket

At about 12pm, we went to Tony Roma's. We ordered the appetizer sampler, onion rings & for my main course, I ordered the combo of grilled shrimp and baby back ribs.

Photobucket

It's been awhile so I really enjoyed my food. Not long after, Susan & Calvin joined us. We then went to EX to catch the movie "Three Kingdoms" starring Andy Lau & Maggie Q at the premiere.

Photobucket

The movie is pretty brutal and it's not supposed to be watched by the kids. Was pretty disappointed when Andy Lau died in the end. I hate sad ending where Andy Lau is involved hehehe....

When we had finished watching, went to Grand Indonesia to have dinner at The Grand Duck King. It's my 1st time there. The restaurant is huge and real classy. I ordered this Kerang Bambu in XO Sauce:

Photobucket

It's super, super yummy. Love it to bits!

As for Sunday, u all know it. It's Casey's birthday party. I left the house around 10am. The decoration wasn't really up yet. By 10.30am I was growing impatient since Pasadena hasn't sent over the birthday cake. Mbak Yulia from Maki Cakes in fact came earlier with the cupcakes I ordered from her. She's a really warm person and she's just so nice. The guests started coming and the cake had not arrived. I was really mad. Called up Pasadena at 10.45am and they were just on their way to Puri Bugar. Can u believe it??!!! It's for an 11am party and they set off 15 mins before my party started. They only arrived at 11.35am. I can't believe they took almost 1 hour from Tomang to Puri Bugar. That's absurd especially on a Sunday where there's hardly any traffic. To make matter worse, they didn't bring a table for me to put up the cake. I put a deposit of Rp 300K for the table and they fucking forget to bring it! How convenient! Grrr..... We ended up using one of the big table to put up the cake. Cake was really nice though. Live up to Casey's expectation at least. Party was also great. Apart from the small problem, the party was quite a success. Everyone had a good time and Sam was in an especially great mood yesterday.

We went home around 3.30pm. Kids opened up the present and rested for awhile. At night, we went to Pepper Lunch in TA for dinner. I didn't order any food. Just ordered the black sesame sundae which I think is really yummy. I think the sesame seeds add a really nice taste to it.

Photobucket

No comments: