Saturday, May 24, 2008

Food FroM RasaNe

This will probably be my last blog till next week again. I'll be busy with the kids, going over the school work and stuffs since yesterday the kids are starting to have their exams already. I'm also very, very temperamental these days coz I'm having my period. Yup....very cranky in fact so I will be in no mood to blog (just another excuse for my laziness).

Went to Bina Bangsa yesterday morning to pass the donation money to the admin. I was instructed by my FIL that I need to get 'tanda terima' from the school acknowledging that they did indeed receive donation from PT Monex. The money was for the China's quake. Awhile later, I was ushered to the teachers' room. I wasn't aware about what was going to happen next actually. I thought there's a certain teacher I need to talk to about it. When I entered the room, to my horror, all the Chinese teachers stood up and applauded me as I walked in. Can u freaking imagine my embarrassment?!!! Then when I was about to put the money into the box, once again I was stopped since one of the teachers needed to take a picture of me. And the time while I was waiting, every eyes were staring right at me. It was the most gruelling 5 mins of my life. Geez... that was really uncomfortable. I mean it's not like I'm donating hundreds of millions of Rupiah. I know they are just showing their appreciation but still, I'm just not comfy with the whole situation.

Since Casey and I still had 2 hours to kill, we went to TA to have breakfast in Ooh La La Cafe. I had a Chicken cream soup and a glass of hot milk. Whilst I was in the middle of my meal, one of the girl from Bina Bangsa admin office called me up to tell me that I had left my blue purse there. Well, this purse actually contained all my saving account books, the petrol money to last me till end of the month, my driver's money, the money earned from Sweet Sale and some money in US$ as well. So I was so very relieved that a kind person found it. I believe that when u put your heart to do good things to help other people, you don't have to worry about the money falling into the wrong hands. Somehow it will come back to u in one way or other. That's my belief.

In the evening, I went to Rasane to buy dinner. After ordering so much food, then found out that my FIL was about to eat dinner outside with Susan. Came home with this much food:

Photobucket

I bought 2 types of kangkung...one in terasi and one in tauco. 2 type of crabs too. The female one cooked in asep juhi and the male one in saos padang. The food isn't as delicious as I remembered it. I dunno why but most probably I won't be buying from there again.

This morning Cecil has remedial in school and when she came back, kids n I went to Coca Suki for lunch. Cing2 came just as we were in the middle of eating. She passed me a bag full of her clothes to be sold in Sweet Sale. Then kids n I went to Ranch Market. Sam asked me to stock food as he's pretty afraid there will be a riot following the raise of the fuel prices.

While teaching Casey with her Maths, Fenny came over with birthday invitation from Mony. Mony's kids will be celebrating their birthdays in Hotel Borobudur tomorrow but too bad my kids won't be able to attend it. School is definitely more important than parties. It will also apply even if the one who's having the party is my niece or nephew. These are the invitation cards btw... I always admired Mony for her creativity.

Photobucket Photobucket

It's actually a box of color pencils but Mony cleverly print out stickers to stick onto the box and make it look like an invitation. As for the younger daughter, Mony made a DVD with Kelly's photos showing Kelly from baby till 1 year old....just like the one she did for Kimmy on her 4th birthday.

Photobucket Photobucket

In addition to that, Fenny gave me a Hello Kitty dustbin to put in the car:

Photobucket Photobucket

And this:

Photobucket

Okay, I think I've spent a lot of time on my blog. Time to teach the girls again.

No comments: